Association of Independent Information
Code of Ethical Business Practice
An Information Professional bears the following responsibilities:
- Uphold the profession's reputation for honesty, competence, and confidentiality.
- Give clients the most current and accurate information possible within
the budget and time frames provided by the clients.
- Help clients understand the sources of information used and the degree
of reliability which can be expected from those sources.
- Accept only those projects which are legal and are not detrimental
to our profession.
- Respect client confidentiality.
- Recognize intellectual property rights. Respect licensing agreements
and other contracts. Explain to clients what their obligations might
be with regard to intellectual property rights and licensing agreements.
- Maintain a professional relationship with libraries and comply with
all their rules of access.
- Assume responsibility for employees' compliance with this code.
Source: Association of Independent Information